Tuesday, October 1, 2019

1.    Opening
A.    Entry Task and Introducing Learning Targets (5 minutes)

Long-Term Targets Addressed (Based on NYSP12 ELA CCLS)
I can cite several pieces of text-based evidence to support an analysis of literary text. (RL.7.1)
I can analyze the development of a theme or central idea throughout a literary text. (RL.7.2)
I can write informative/explanatory texts that convey ideas and concepts using relevant information that is carefully selected and organized. (W.7.2)
I can produce clear and coherent writing that is appropriate to task, purpose and audience. (W.7.4)
I can select evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research. (W.7.9)
I can accurately use seventh-grade academic vocabulary to express my ideas. (L.7.6)
Supporting Learning Targets
Ongoing Assessment
     I can organize my details from A Long Walk to Water so they support my claim/thesis.
     I can ensure my quotes are accurate and punctuated correctly.
     Entry task
     Student work on Planning Your Essay organizer
     Exit ticket
     Draft body paragraphs
2.    Work Time
A.    Examining Row 4 of Rubric (5 minutes)
B.    Share and Discuss: Student Claims and Plans for Two Body Paragraphs (5 minutes)
C.    Completing Plan for Body Paragraph 3 (10 minutes)
D.   Writing Body Paragraphs for Essay--Googe Classroom (15 minutes)

3.    Closing and Assessment
A.    Exit Ticket: Questions You Have About Your Essay
(5 minutes)
B.     SS Quiz: The Legacy of Rome
C.     When you finish your test, please work on LA homework, read, take an AR test, or check out enough books to get you to your goal.

4.    Homework

  1.         Finish typing the FIRST body paragraph of your essay on Google Classroom.
  2.         Bring Unit 2, Lesson 14 tomorrow.  Make any corrections to the essay planner for your THREE BODY PARAGRAPHS.
  3.        Read a good book.  Points are due 10/11.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Have missing tests/assignments? Still need to meet your Q3 AR goal? This post is for YOU!